top of page


  • I want to pass my full motorcycle licence, but confused as to the different categories.
    To make it simple, these are the 3 categories that we find people mainly take: For more information on what happens during your training and tests, please see the information on our Full Motorcycle Licence / DAS page.
  • I have no proper motorcycle clothing, can I buy it from BUMPY?
    Yes you can! We have a range of brand new helmets, in a range of styles, colours, designs and budgets! We also sell new gloves, jackets, trousers and boots. For those on a tight budget, we also have a range of second hand motorcycle clothing and boots available for purchase.
  • I'm not sure I can afford to pay for my training and tests all in one go!
    That's fine! Our training is Pay-As-You-Go, so you only pay for each part of your training/tests as you book them and you don't have to pay it all at once. We accept all major credit/debit cards, cash and Bumpy Gift Vouchers.
  • How long does the CBT last?
    The CBT course itself is a minimum of a full day course, starting at 8:00 am and roughly finishing around 4:00 pm. Occasionally some students have to come back to complete their CBT if they need more knowledge/training before going on the road, for example. Once issued, your CBT lasts for 2 years, where you either come back and retake it, or you progress through to gain your full licence before expiry.
  • I have never ridden a motorcycle before, where do I start?
    If you haven't ridden a motorcycle before, then we enourage you to book our 1 hour Motorcycle Introduction courses. This is 1-to-1 with and intructor, who will teach you the basics and get you ready for your next step, the CBT. We include bike hire and helmet hire as part of the service. All we ask is that you are able to ride a pedal bike unaided.
  • How old do I need to be to take my CBT?
    You need to be at least 16 years of age to take your CBT. At 16 you can ride a 50cc moped and those who are age 17 and above can ride up to a 125cc. You will need to have: - A Provisional drivers licence (you can apply from age 15 years and 9 months old) or a full car licence. - National Insurance number (so that we can check your licence on the DVLA website). - Knowledge of The Highway Code (you will be tested on this before being allowed to continue onto the road). - Suitable clothing and footwear to ride on the road, as well as your own helmet and gloves, which can be purchased if necessary, or the purchase of a balaclava if borrowing a helmet from us).
bottom of page